Updated: Jun 15
If the believer does not gather the Word of God into his heart, then that believer will spiritually die during a famine of the Word of God . . .
The anti-christ government will ban the Holy Bible and the Church. It will confiscate Bibles. It will remove the Word of God from the internet. It will lead to the Famine of the Word of God during Tribulation Times.
Richard Wurmbrand (1909—2001) was an evangelical minister who endured 14 years of Communist imprisonment and torture in his homeland of Romania.
During his imprisonment, he was beaten and tortured. Physical torture included mutilation, burning and being locked in a large frozen icebox. His body bore the scars of physical torture for the rest of his life. For example, he later recounted having the soles of his feet beaten until the flesh was torn off, then the next day beaten again to the bone. This prolific writer said there were not words to describe that pain.
He was able to survive the torture because he had gathered the Word of God into his heart. He deeply meditated during imprisonment and gained strength to endure Torture and was able to be victorious. He was later released.
How to Overcome Famine of the Word of God?
1. Meditate on the Word of God – Everyday, meditate 2-3 Bible verses very deeply, so that God's Word will dwell in your heart forever. (you can increase the number of Bible verses depending on your capacity).
Benefits of Meditating on the Word of God: A) God's Word Stored in Your Heart - Reading the Bible is not enough. We should meditate on it that it may be stored into your heart so that you don’t sin. "Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!" Psalms 119:11
B) Flowing of Eternal Life - Meditation leads to the flow of eternal life abundantly quickened by the Holy Spirit. (John 6:63, 10:10) C) Fullness of God - Meditation leads to the fullness of God 1. Height – Know spiritual knowledge from His Word 2. Width – Practicing His Word (Hope of His Calling) 3. Depth – Know depth of His Word (riches of the Glory of God) 4. Height – Know the Power of His Word (Exceeding greatness of His power) (Ephesians 1:18-19,3:18-19) D) Light Flows from Throne of God – When we meditate on the Word of God, Light flows from the Throne of God in form of Four Rivers i.e 1. Spirit of the LORD 2. Spirit of wisdom and understanding 3. Spirit of counsel and might. 4. Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. (James 1:17, Genesis 2:10-14,Rev 22:1, Isa 11:2) E) Spiritual Nourishment – Meditation of the Word of God gives Spiritual Nourishment to our "spirit man." (John 6:63) F) Fires of the Holy Spirit - When we meditate on the Word of God, the Fire of the Holy Spirit quickens to renew our mind. (Psalm 39:3, Jer 20:9) G) Renewal of Your Mind - Meditation of the Word of God renews our mind and we are transformed to God’s image. (Romans 12:2, 8:5-6) H) Overcome Temptation - Meditation of the Word of God stores our heart with Words, so when there is temptation, you have Powerful Words to overcome temptation. (Matthew 4:1-11).
2. Be Grounded on the Word of God, Lest You Fall During Tribulation. “But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. Matthew:13.20-21
Make your foundation on the Word of God, so that you may able to endure Tribulation.
3. Write Scriptures Down – Write 15-25 Bible verses from one chapter every week. (You can increase the number according to your capacity). Writing Scriptures will imprint the Word of God into your heart. 4. Memorize Worship Songs - Worship songs will be banned during the anti-christ's rule. So sing and memorize 2 songs every week (you can increase the number according to your capacity). This will allow you to worship God during Tribulation Times. 5. Listen to God’s Voice – During the anti-christ rule, Churches will be banned and God's Word will be removed from the internet. (Google, YouTube) The Holy Spirit will guide you and tell you what you need to know. You must learn to be still and listen to the Holy Spirit. (God's voice) “teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, [even] to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:20 How to listen to God’s Voice? The best time to listen GOD’s voice is after praying. First, you will speak in prayer, then God will speak after prayer.
A) Be Still in Body and Voice God says, “Be still, and know that I am God; Psalm 46:10 After prayer, be quiet. Still means that there should be no movement in your body and there should be no noise. There should be absolute calmness B) Be Silent in Your Mind and Heart
"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him." Psalm 62:5 After reaching a still position, the voices of our mind and heart distracts us. This allows the word of God to enter into your mind and heart. C) Gather Into Oneness With God "But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit." 1 Cor 6:17 After being still and silencing the voice of ourselves, then we should try and gather our body, soul and spirit into one. When this happens, then our spirit is joined with Spirit of Jesus Christ. Then He speaks through His Spirit with a still small voice.
How to Differentiate Between the Voice of God, Our Voice and the Voice of satan? When you follow the 3 steps (above), you will silence your voice. Then we are left with either the Voice of God or the voice of satan.
1. The voice of God is according to Word of God. 2. The voice of God is Truth 3. The voice of God is a Loving Voice. 4. The voice of satan is not according to the Word of God. 5. The voice of satan speak lies. 6. The voice of satan is threatening.
Scriptures About Tribulation:
1. Appointed to Tribulation "that no one should be shaken by these tribulations ; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this." 1 Thessalonians 3:3
2. We Will Suffer Tribulation "For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer Tribulation, just as it happened, and you know." 1 Thessalonians 3:4
3. You Will Have Tribulation “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
4. Through Many Tribulations "Strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting [them] to continue in the faith, and [saying,] We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” Acts:14.22
5. Deliver You up to Tribulation “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake." Matthew 24:9
6. You Will Have Tribulation “Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw [some] of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. Revelation 2:10
Famine of the Word of God "When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand." Revelation 6:5 The Black Horse represents Famine (Physical and Spiritual Famine).
Spiritual Famine: Amos 8:11 ”Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord GOD, “That I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine of bread, Nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the LORD." Amos 8:12 "They shall wander from sea to sea, And from north to east; They shall run to and fro, seeking the word of the LORD, But shall not find [it.]"