By: OTG Ministry
Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3
This was a very serious statement that Jesus made, but what does it mean? There are multiple traits that children have that God wants us adults to have. These are just a few of the traits that Jesus was talking about . . .
7 Traits That Children Have That Please God
1. Curiosity – Children are incredibly curious. They can ask 1,000 questions, and after those have been answered they will have 1,000 more to ask. As adults, God wants us to be curious about Him and His Word. If we don't understand things and have questions, He wants us to come to Him in prayer and find the answers that way or find the answers in His Word . . . the Holy Bible.
2. Excitement – Kids can get excited about anything. Every activity is a new adventure, a new opportunity to explore, a new fun and interesting challenge. As adults, God wants us to be excited about the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. God wants us to be excited about sharing the Gospel and what awaits us for all eternity.
3. Faith – Ask a child what they want to be when they grow up. Not only will they have an answer for you, but also they will be confident and certain that they can become it. As an adult, God wants us to have a blind faith in Him and the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ. He wants us to believe everything that is written in His Word and to not question Him or His motives.
4. Trust – Children trust their parents fully. They need to trust because they rely on other people for their well-being. As an adult, God wants us to trust in Him, fully. He wants to be our everything . . . food, water, shelter, foundation, light, protection, etc. God is a jealous God and He doesn't like us to trust in man for our needs.
5. Wonder – Children are seemingly amazed by something new every five minutes. It doesn’t matter where they are, they can become entranced by the simplest objects and environments. As an adult, God wants us to be in wonder of Him and His creation. However, it is very important that we do not idolize His creation, but He loves it when we recognize His creation and give Him all the Glory for it.
6. Short Memory – A child can go from having a face with tears streaming down their face one minute, to having an ear-to-ear grin the next. Children can be very forgiving and can bounce back easily from an offence. As an adult, God wants us to have more Grace and forgiveness of others and allow offences to bounce off of us like a child does. He wants us to get along and love one another.
7. Persistence – Kids don’t give up easily. Tell them no and they may continue to bug you incessantly until you give into their demands. As an adult Christian, we are put on a spiritual path and expected to finish a difficult race. This is a difficult thing to do and many Christians quit their race. We need the persistence of a child to be able to finish the race, so that we may enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Thank you for reading and may God bless you!