In this blog I have a category for "Prophetic Words," so I definitely believe that some Christians have the Gift of Prophecy . . .
By: OTG Ministry
The Bible warns us to not despise prophecies . . . Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Thess 5:20-21 How do you test a prophecy? It needs to be tested to the word of God or, see if the prophecy comes true or not. If a prophecy does not come to pass then it is a false prophecy and that false prophet must be rejected from the Body of Christ. There are many "Christian" False Prophets that will probably never make it to Heaven.
I personally do not have the Gift of Prophecy, but I do have the Gift of Discernment, so I try and discern a true Prophetic Word from God. Do I always get it right? No, I don't. That is why it is very important that you take each Prophetic Word to God in prayer and ask God for discernment. False Prophets have become rampant in the Body of Christ and it can be very frustrating at times, but do not swing the opposite way and reject/despise true prophets of God either.
10 Signs of a False Prophet
1. They love large crowds rather than deep growth. They love to be worshiped and have all the attention. They don't offer any spiritual growth to their followers. It is all about giving a "word" to please their followers. Many Christians flock to them and they love all the attention.
2. They love money and are driven by money (merchandiser, 501c3) Show me a false prophet and I can almost guarantee you they are asking for money. Never, ever should money be involved with the Gift of Prophecy or any other gift for that matter.
3. They are popular and are adored by their followers. A true Prophet of God is rarely ever popular. This is because they will give harsh rebukes or warnings from God, which is not popular. True Prophets are usually loners and just don't fit in with the rest of the world. Many times true prophets will not even show their faces on cameras. They prefer to remain anonymous. (not always the case though)
4. They know the Bible just enough to twist it towards their own gain. False Prophets rarely quote scripture, but they will twist it for their own gain. Yet Prophetic Words should always line up with scripture.
5. They usually hide some dark secrets or are involved in some serious sins in their personal life. Many of them use some very questionable words that someone in the occult would use. There is a very good chance that many of them are dabbling in divination, at the very least.
6. True Prophets can sometimes turn into a False Prophet. (they fall away) There was once a True Prophet who occasionally posted some powerful prophetic words. But, over time she started posting them daily, and at one time she said that God said, "get your head out of your arse." I could not believe that she had stooped so low. There is no way God said those words. God wasn't giving her prophetic words fast enough, so she made up her own and therefore turned into a False Prophet.
7. They give safe, positive or feel good Prophetic Words. These are words that they typically use . . . breakthrough, wealth, increase, restore, prosperity, step into, supernatural, anointing, calling, destiny, outpouring, manifestation, visitation, etc
8. Many times their Prophetic Words seem to make no sense. God is not the author of confusion. His words are very direct and usually to the point because He wants people to understand His words. False Prophets usually speak in circles and a random pattern that doesn't make sense at times.
9. They refuse to talk about sin or repentance. Satan will never tell you to repent because he wants you to sin as much as possible. Because False Prophets serve satan, they will never talk about repentance or turning away from sin. Yet in the Bible, God always told His people to turn from their sins.
10. They are typically arrogant and prideful and will not listen to rebuke of an Elder with Discernment. God always chose prophets that were very humble and sometimes they never wanted any kind of attention brought upon themselves. False Prophets however, love the camera on themselves and never seem to head the warnings of other Christians that can see that they are a false prophet.
It is very important that you walk away from a False Prophet or you will have to answer to God for it one day. If a False Prophet had no audience then they would give up their deception because they are not receiving any attention or rewards. Just listen to or read a Prophetic Word and then take it to God in prayer, but do not idolize the person giving the Prophetic Words.
Thank you for reading and May God Bless You!