We are in End Times now and according to the Book of Revelation of the Bible, there is a famine coming. Click Here to learn about End Times. God has placed a huge burden on my heart for the coming famine. I have created this page to give people knowledge about ways to eat for free. Some of these ways may seem desperate, but one day soon, food will become so scarce that some of the methods listed below may just save someone's life. Ultimately though, it is Jesus Christ that saves. God will make sure that His true children will never starve to death, but they may have to use the methods that I list below to find food.
1. Foraging: Searching for wild plants, fruits and nuts is an excellent way of not only finding free food, but finding healthy free food. You would be amazed at how much food is available in your backyard or even at your local park. Almost every area in North America has dandelions growing wild that you can use in a salad. Duckweed has become an evasive weed in North America and yet it is very good for you to eat. (as long as it is cooked properly) I knew of a teenager who was very poor and she used to go around and just pick up the pecans and walnuts that fell from the trees. She would store them and feed her younger sister. Walk around your neighborhood and look to see if there are any fruit trees. Ask your neighbor if you can pick their fruit for them. You would be surprised at how many people would let you pick and eat their fruit for free.
2. Bartering: Bartering is an excellent way to get free food. It is basically the concept of trading something of yours for food. A perfect example of Bartering would be a scenario where you would work for a farmer in exchange for some grain, corn, beef, chicken, etc. Another example would be you would care for a Restaurant's owners' aging parent in exchange for food from the Restaurant. Another example would be that you would give your tent to someone in exchange for that person to give you fresh eggs. There are countless ways to barter for free food. People are more open to give you something for free then they are to pay you for something.
3. Food Waste From Stores: This is not as bad as it sounds. All Grocery/Food Stores throw away food that is perfectly good to eat because it is not at the high standard of that particular food store. For an example, I used to know a family that owned a bakery. They served fresh baking every day and what was left over from the previous day was thrown in the garbage. That baking that they threw away was perfectly good to eat. Every food store does this. It is just a matter of whether or not that food store allows people to come and take the food that they would normally throw away. I recommend you contact food stores in your area and see what their policy is about giving away older food.
4. Freeganism/Dumpster Diving: This is basically an extension of #3 (See Above) If the grocery/food stores that you are contacting are not allowed to give you their "waste food" then you might try and go through their dumpsters and you would be surprised of what good quality food they throw away. Keep in mind that it may be illegal to come onto their property and go through their dumpsters, so it is best to call first and ask their permission. You can get a lot of good quality free food using this method.
5. Extreme Couponing: This is defined as an activity that combines shopping skills with couponing in an attempt to save as much money as possible while accumulating the most groceries. There is a bit of learning curve to this, but once you figure it out, it is well worth it. Keep in mind that finding, organizing and clipping coupons is almost like having another job. There is a lot of work that goes into it, which is why most people don't do it. If you can make the time to do it and you have the patience for it, then it is well worth your time and patience.
6. Food Bank/Soup Kitchen: Whenever we think of a food bank, we think of the homeless, but that is not the case anymore. Due to Covid-19 and natural disasters, people are lining up at food banks more than ever to receive free food. You can actually get some pretty decent food at food banks and the best part is that it is for FREE!
7. Church Food Program: Every single Church should have a Food Program for their Congregants and for the hungry, but unfortunately that is just not the case. However, there are still some good Churches out there that do offer a Food Program for the hungry. It is best to call around to the Churches in your area and ask them if they have any kind of program to help the hungry.
8. Work for a Restaurant: One of the best ways to get free food is by working for a Restaurant or a place that serves food. I knew a lady who worked the lunch rush for a restaurant while she was attending University. She only worked 2 hours a day and they allowed her to have a free meal. Sometimes the meal was so large that it would feed her for the whole day. She was able to eat for free the whole time she attended University, plus earn a small wage. It was a win-win situation.
9. Volunteer: When we think of volunteering, we don't normally think of receiving something in return. The reality is that many places that have a volunteer program usually offer some kind of food or beverage for their volunteers. The best place to volunteer for free food would be a Catered Event. When you sign up to volunteer ask the coordinator if any food or refreshments are offered to their volunteers.
10. Fishing/Hunting: Hunting can get expensive by the time you buy a gun and a license. However, in a famine situation, I don't think people are going to care whether or not they have a license to hunt. In a famine situation, hunting and fishing will be a popular and free way to get food. Until then, you may contact local hunters and ask them if they would be willing to give you some meat. Fishing is a more affordable way to get excellent quality food.
11. Grow a Garden: Many people think that because they don't have a yard, they cannot have a garden and that is simply not true. There are many people who grow food in their own house by using containers, like plastic totes or buckets. I personally grow food (mostly potatoes) in my basement using LED lights. There is a bit of an expense to get started, but then you can grow your own garden all year long either inside or outside.
12. Just Ask: Asking people for food is probably one of the easiest ways of getting food or getting money to buy food. What is even more effective is asking God for food. The Bible says . . . “you have not because you ask not” James 4:2
Many times people just simply forget that the simplest way to get something that they need is just to ask God for it. The purpose of the coming famine is to test people and also to bring people to their knees so that they will cry out to God and ask Him for help. The coming famine and the other Seals of Revelation will prepare God's true children for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. It will also be a time of bringing in the Great Harvest. However many "Christians" will also fall away during this time because they never learned to trust in God for their provisions. Instead they trusted in man.
Although our bodies need food to survive, what is more important is our soul needs Jesus, so that we may live for eternity. Everyone who rejects Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their life will be condemned to hell for all eternity.
To learn more about Jesus, Click Here. To learn more about Hell, Click Here.