Change Your Life
Steps to Take
1. "For by Grace are you saved through faith in Jesus Christ." Ephesians 2:8-9 Grace is the very first thing that must happen. Grace is defined as "the unmerited or undeserving favor of God to those who are under condemnation." We don't fully know why God has Grace for some people and not for others. With His Grace, God is able to touch extremely hardened people and soften their hearts enough to turn to Him and repent. If you want Gods grace poured out over you, then just come humbly before a Holy God and ask Him to pour His Grace and Mercy on you.You must have both God's Grace and Faith in Jesus. Many "Christians" have faith that Jesus died on the cross for them, but they lack the Grace of God in their life, mostly due to unrepentant sins/pride. (iniquity)
2. Once you receive Gods Grace then you will be given faith/belief in Jesus Christ. This might have happened when you were a child, or it may still need to happen because you believe in a false (g)od. However, you can only enter Heaven through faith that Jesus lived and died on the cross for your sins, was resurrected from the dead on the third day, and now sits at the right side of God the Father, and will judge all humanity. Some people think that you have to have faith first and then Gods Grace will come. This is not true because we are all born wretched sinners and many people have an inherent aversion to Jesus. Yet, God touches certain people (through Grace) and changes/softens their heart to the point where they can finally submit to Him and have faith in His one and only Son, Jesus Christ.
3. Jesus said that you must become Born Again to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Most Christians are not Born Again and have not received the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one who gives you conviction for your sins, brings you into repentance, comforts you and leads you into all truth. So being filled with the Holy Spirit is a must-have, otherwise you will be completely lost and lead down the wrong path in life. Pray and ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit, so that you may become Born Again. I pray almost every day for God to fill me with His Holy Spirit. John 3:3
4. Get Baptized in full submersion water. One way most people (not all people) can receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is when they get baptized in water. Moments after I got Baptized, the Holy Spirit entered me and I got filled with such incredible joy that if felt like my feet were hardly touching the ground. It was an amazing experience. Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." John 3:5
5. Repent, Repent, Repent! There is no doubt in my mind that God is pleased and glorified when we repent. When I started being a devout Christian, I had a huge problem with lust that I thought would never go away. I started repenting every time a lustful thought entered my mind and now my lust problem is gone. That is the power of glorifying God with repentance.
6. Immediately get rid of the idolatry in your life/home. If there is one sin that God hates the most, I would say it would be idolatry. God is a jealous and possessive God and He will NOT tolerate us putting anything before Him in our lives. This includes, praying to statues, rosary beads, money, your vehicle that your obsess about, sports, television, hollywood and movies, video games and anything else that comes before Jesus and feeds your vanity, lust, pride, greed, covetousness, etc. Exodus 20:3-6
7. Start to read the Holy Bible every day. (King James Version Bible) It is very important to read the Old Testament and the New Testament. Many Christians just read the New Testament and this is wrong. How are you supposed to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength when you won't even read about Him and get to know Him from the Old Testament? Reading the Holy Bible is crucial in your daily walk with Jesus.
8. Make time for prayer every day where there are no distractions. Your prayer should consist of a mixture of thanking and praising God for all he has done for you, praying and interceding for others and asking for your needs/requests. Most importantly, I think prayer should include you asking for the Holy Spirit to convict you immediately of your sins and sincerely seek and ask God to reveal what your sins are and repent for them. Ask God how you can better serve Him on a daily basis. Don't just pray and ask for things for yourself. Make your prayer more about glorifying and serving God.
9. Flee from sin like your life depended on it. You are not saved by good works, but once you are saved through faith, then you must pursue righteousness. I found it a very effective habit to really study scripture about sin. If you try to not sin on your own effort, you will fall short and possibly give up, like many people do. If you humbly get on your knees and love and pursue God with all your heart, it is amazing how much deep rooted sin will just start to fade away through repentance. Tell God every day to show you how to not sin and become righteous in Jesus name. God will hear your prayer and answer it because he wants that even more than you do, but only if you are willing. You will never become fully free from sin, because we all fall short, but you must never be satisfied with willful sin in your life.
10. There are many people who think that in order to be a good Christian you should go to church and I would agree with that statement except for one big problem . . . many Pastors have now become like wolves. They are literally leading their congregation to eternal damnation. You must pray for discernment when you attend church.
Click Here to listen to a Prophetic Warning to the Churches/Pastors. I really feel that if you have to choose to attend a church that is lukewarm or no church at all, then you are better off attending no church at all. God will spue (vomit) lukewarm Christians out of His mouth, so being part of a lukewarm church is extremely dangerous and not worth it in the long run.
In Closing . . .
You must understand that being a devout Christian and walking the narrow path will be quite difficult and lonely at times. You will mostly walk the narrow path alone and your only lifeline will be Jesus. As we enter into End Times, you will face persecution and even martyrdom. You may be rejected by friends and family. All you have to do is talk about Jesus and most people would rather leave the room than hear His name, so you will be alone. You will also face struggles like giving up money and many possessions, and facing and dealing with your sins, which is not easy to do. You will have to learn to hold your tongue and always put other people first. You must eat, sleep and breathe Jesus and put him first in everything you do. The good news is that Jesus will be there by your side, every step of the way and you will be highly rewarded on the day you stand before God and for all of eternity. 1 Peter 5:10